How can long distance relationships last?
This is the same fear everyone who’s been in long distance relationships has. How can you keep the love going and remain faithful when you are so far away from each other? The short answer: trust and patience.
We never plan to get into long distance relationships, but every once in awhile, it’s bound to happen. Maybe he’s heading off to college or got a great job in another city. Maybe you fell for each other online before you understood how far away from each other you really are. Maybe you had to leave him to follow your dreams. No matter what the situation is, now there are two people in the same situation trying to live their lives apart and keep the love alive.
You might be nervous of the future now, but in reality, people make it work all the time. With a whole bunch of communication and trying to see each other as often as you can, you will make it through this.
When it comes right down to it, the most important thing is to be realistic about your LDR. Things are bound to get confusing. As long as you focus on your love and realize that it’s never a permanent situation, long distance loves can be pretty cool: you get all the attention from someone, but don’t feel like you’re being smothered. You can really get to know someone if you always ask questions. Plus, every time you see each other it’s like a romantic wonderland.
The fact remains that if you two make it through the long distance aspect of this relationship, you come out the other end with something so strong and powerful, it’s bound to last.
In this section, we will explore:
- How to manage a long distance relationship. Problems arise when you can’t be right there to help each other and support each other. Here are some ideas to keep things fun.
- Typical LDR problems. It’s hard to resist getting anxious when he’s so far away. Problems pop up every once in awhile and can test how committed both of you are to this relationship.
- Great tips to keep things going. The secret to long distance love is to keep things fun and laid back. With a great attitude and dedicated heart, you’ll soon be back in each other’s arms.
- Ideas on how to deal with jealousy. Sometimes you can’t help but wonder what he’s doing right now and how you measure up to the women he deals with on a daily basis. Here are some thoughts on how to not get jealous.
- What to do when you’re sick of being lonely Ways to occupy your mind and other great ideas when you miss him badly.
- You just found out he’s moving. Now what do you do? Figure out how to make yourself irresistible so the LDR can actually work.
- And some final thoughts on surviving a long distance relationship. Be strong, girl! You can both get through this together if you both work hard on it.
Stay focused on LOVE!
There’s no candy coating it–long distance relationships can really take a toll on you if you tend to get over-emotional about the little things. Stay clear and stay focused and know he loves you as much as you love him. Now go have a blast!